👋 We’re Hiring a Support Engineer
Location: Southampton (HQ)
Alliants is on a mission to build the best digital experiences for the world’s most respected luxury hotel, travel and retail brands… and we’re seeking a Support Engineer to join our expanding Support team. Can you see yourself thriving in an innovative, growing SaaS company?
Join us on our journey, we are all-in on building the future of digital experiences 🚀
Reporting to the Service Desk & Security Manager, you will be a key part of our Support team by supporting, documenting, monitoring and automating Alliants’ professional services and product as agreed in contractual arrangements.
Your role will require you to provide expert consultancy regarding current and future technical strategy for Alliants and its clients. You will be expected to assist with controlling costs, and where possible increase revenues relating to support services.
Some key areas you’ll be working on:
- Working closely with other engineering and technical teams in deploying their code, providing operational support for new and existing sites/software, and debugging production issues
- Designing, implementing, managing, maintaining, and optimising the infrastructure and environments for Alliants proprietary products and the tools used by Alliants for business optimisation
- Receive, manage and resolve service desk tickets, working to SLAs
- Ensuring best practice and/or regulated security standards are met, highlighting and resolving any potential or existing security/vulnerability issues as stated in ISMS policies
- Implementing, managing, maintaining, supporting, and optimising the internal infrastructure both office and remote based
- Assisting and coaching employees with vulnerability and security best practices as stated in ISMS policies
- Implementing, managing, maintaining, supporting, and optimising the infrastructure, environments, systems, applications, tools, and communications of Alliants’s clients where we provide hosting/environment support or application support
- Ensuring support to clients meets or exceeds the requirements of the SLA/SOW/Contract/Arrangement
- Creating performance reports and providing accompanying analysis/advice for internal stakeholders
- Creating reports for clients based on the requirements of the commercial arrangements for products or support (environment and application)
- AWS Cloud Practitioner accreditation or equivalent
- Managing and configuring AWS solutions, including Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, ECS, S3 and Lambda
- System management and diagnostics for Linux, Windows & Mac, including command line familiarity
- Securing and documenting systems from an infosec perspective
- Managing and maintaining networks both on site and within a cloud environment
- Building and improving monitoring solutions e.g Datadog / PagerDuty
- Database management and administration
- Use of APIs and SaaS command line tools to investigate and resolve issues
- SaaS administration, including Google Workspace, GitHub, AWS iAM, Salesforce
- Technical change and release implementations, including immutable deployments and backup / restore utilisation
- Managing and configuring other cloud based environments e.g. Azure, GCP
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible and/or Packer
- Familiarity with various database systems, primarily PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server
- Setting up and maintaining deployment pipelines and environments
- Programming competency to aid in application level support / debugging and custom deployment / CI pipeline behaviour
- Containerisation technology such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Git
- Writing/completing support contracts and SLAs for global clients
- Pricing of products and services
Who are Alliants and what do we do?
At Alliants we help many of the world’s most respected luxury hotel, travel and retail brands to deliver exceptional experiences through the software we build. Since 2009, we’ve gone all-in and built award-winning mobile apps, chat applications and SaaS products, we’ve changed the face of the digital guest experience and we indulge millions of users each day with our technology.
What’s in it for you?
We’re a friendly, mission-driven bunch that values inclusion, learning and development, and transparency. Check out our benefits:
💷 A competitive salary
🎁 Up to 10% annual bonus
⚖️ Remote & flexible working
🏖️ 25 days holiday + public holidays
✈️ Digital Nomad: travel abroad while working for 30 days a year
📈 Generous level of stock options
🏥 Private healthcare
👪 Life Insurance cover
🥡 Monthly takeaway allowance
🧓🏽 Pension with matched employer contribution
🎒 £1,500 training and development budget each year
You can view some of the amazing brands and exciting projects we work on.
If interested or would like to know more, please click apply.