👋 We’re Hiring a Data Engineer
Location: Remote (UK/Europe or Toronto, CA)
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 DOE
Alliants is on a mission to build the best digital experiences for the world’s most respected luxury hotel, travel and retail brands… and we’re seeking a Data Engineer to join our expanding Data team. Can you see yourself thriving in an innovative, growing SaaS company?
Join us on our journey, we are all-in on building the future of digital experiences 🚀
You will facilitate global brands in making technical decisions aiming to build tomorrow’s business intelligence and IT solutions. Lead technical development, construction, testing, deployment, along with definition and maintenance of Data Architectures. Lead presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, proofs of concept, and pilots to meet large scale data platform implementation.
Some key areas you’ll be working on:
- Develop, construct, test, deploy and maintain data architectures
- Align architecture with our clients’ business requirements
- Create ETL management and deployment processes
- Develop data set processes by using programming language and tools
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Deploy sophisticated scalable analytics programs
- Prepare data for predictive, prescriptive and descriptive modeling
- Use data to discover tasks that can be automated
- To support the subject matter expert and act as the bridge between our customers and prospects as well as our data consultants, in terms of AWS and/or Azure Architecture
- Gather requirements, present potential solutions and then turn these into POCs/MVPs
- Work closely with our clients internal stakeholders to ensure that POCs/MVPs are integrated and productionised to the agreed project deliverables.
Important to have:
- Experience with SQL (Postgres or SQL Server)
- Strong Excel and Microsoft Office knowledge
- Knowledge of other visualisation software (Power BI, Looker etc)
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Able to work both independently and in collaboration with multiple teams
Nice to have:
- Azure & AWS Data Services
- PowerBi, Looker
- Data modeling
- Exposure to code repositories e.g Github
- Experience of working with large complex data sets
- Client engagement experience, from definition/requirements to POC/MVP, to integrated production
- Comfortable with Jira
- Experience of working within Agile and Waterfall environments
Who are Alliants and what do we do?
At Alliants we help many of the world’s most respected luxury hotel, travel and retail brands to deliver exceptional experiences through the software we build. Since 2009, we’ve gone all-in and built award-winning mobile apps, chat applications and SaaS products, we’ve changed the face of the digital guest experience and we indulge millions of users each day with our technology.
What’s in it for you?
We’re a friendly, mission-driven bunch that values inclusion, learning and development, and transparency. Check out our benefits:
💷 A competitive salary
🎁 Up to 10% annual bonus
⚖️ Remote & flexible working
🏖️ 25 days holiday + public holidays
✈️ Digital Nomad: travel abroad while working for 30 days a year
📈 Generous level of stock options
🏥 Private healthcare
👪 Life Insurance cover
🥡 Monthly takeaway allowance
🧓🏽 Pension with matched employer contribution
🎒 £1,500 training and development budget each year
You can view some of the amazing brands and exciting projects we work on.
If interested or would like to know more, please click apply.