👋 We’re Hiring a Development Manager
Reports to: EVP Director (Co-Founder)
Location: Hybrid (Remote + Southampton HQ + International Travel)
Salary: £80-90k basic
Alliants is on a mission to build the best digital experiences for the world’s most respected luxury hotel, travel and retail brands… and we’re seeking a Development Manager to join our expanding development team. Can you see yourself thriving in an innovative, growing SaaS and Services company?
Join us on our journey, we are all-in on building the future of digital experiences 🚀
- To manage and provide direction to the Senior Development team, including data development, SaaS & custom development services and work alongside solutions architecture and DevOps.
- To act as the link between our SLT, Sales, Development and Consulting to deliver exceptional development solutions to our customers.
- To manage and provide direction to the Senior Development team, including data development, SaaS & custom development services and work alongside solutions architecture and dev ops.
- To improve profitability, automation and out-puts across the business.
- 90% management, 10% hands-on development.
Some key areas you’ll be working on:
- To define the development standards and manage the senior development team accordingly; including but not limited to:
- Working with the SLT to define Standards & functions to design and deliver solutions that meet client's business requirements.
- Acting as the technical point of contact to assist in the creation of effective, comprehensive SOWs which accurately capture clients’ requirements, assumptions, and exclusions whilst minimising risk to Alliants through the effective use of discovery tools and techniques e.g. Discovery Table
- Lead our high-performing software engineering teams to deliver complex production systems
- Capacity planning and resource management
Important to have:
- Extensive commercial experience interfacing with clients and understanding their needs
- Extensive commercial experience managing international development teams
- Deep knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages:
- Commercial experience building on Cloud:
- Serverless Framework
- Azure Cloud Services
- A successful track record or proven aptitude as a hands-on technical leader or software engineering manager
- Proven experience in leading high-performing software engineering teams to deliver complex production systems
- Led the design and implementation of new systems using cutting-edge technologies
- Extensive experience in developing software for large-scale distributed systems
- Delivered projects using embedded Agile methodologies
Who are Alliants and what do we do?
At Alliants we help many of the world’s most respected luxury hotel, travel and retail brands to deliver exceptional experiences through the software we build. Since 2009, we’ve gone all-in and built award-winning mobile apps, chat applications and SaaS products, we’ve changed the face of the digital guest experience and we indulge millions of users each day with our technology.
What’s in it for you?
We’re a friendly, mission-driven bunch that values inclusion, learning and development, and transparency. Check out our benefits:
💷 A competitive salary
🎁 Up-to 10% annual bonus
⚖️ Remote & flexible working
🏖️ 25 days holiday + public holidays
📈 Generous level of stock options
🏥 Private healthcare
👪 10x Life Insurance up to £500k
🥡 Monthly takeaway allowance
🧓🏽 Pension with matched employer contribution
🎒 £1,500 training and development budget each year
What’s important to us?
We are all-in to supporting healthy hybrid and flexible working arrangements, we’ve made our HQ Southampton a great place to work. When you come to our HQ you’ll find fully stocked kitchens (amazing coffee), enough snacks to start a tuck shop, comfy spaces and we’re dog friendly!
- Our workforce is mostly International and remote, but we do our best to keep everyone connected, join our weekly exercise classes, lunch & learns, and other socials
- We plant a Great British Oak each time we have a new starter, so as Alliants grows, our forests grow, and our training and development budgets help you grow too.
Check these links:
We work with amazing brands on exciting (but complex) projects
- You can also check out what people are saying about us on Glassdoor